An effective club website can help your club stand out and attract a consistent stream of new guests. In recent years the importance of a digital presence for Toastmasters clubs has risen along with sites like Meetup to become one of the primary channels for clubs to attract new guests. A great club website will not only attract new guests but also act as a way to keep members informed of what’s going on and make it easier to manage your club’s communications.
At each year’s Spring Conference the district recognizes the outstanding work of VPPRs and their committees in creating outstanding digital homes for their clubs by selecting one club to receive the Platinum Presence Award, for the district’s best club website. The best club websites in each division will also be recognized at the Spring Conference.
To submit a club website send a link to your club’s website to email@example.com before April 30, 2018. If your club already has an existing website you do not need to create an entirely new site to enter this award.
- Promotion (20%)
- Upcoming club meetings and special events
- Upcoming district events
- Education (15%)
- Explanation of Toastmasters program and its benefits
- Links to other resources on Toastmasters.org
- Member Information (15%)
- Information for guests on how to become a member
- Details on membership fees
- Integration (5%)
- Integration of website with other social channels
- Administrative Content (5%)
- Details on how to attend a meeting as a guest
- Navigation and Organization (25%)
- Easy to navigate structure
- Clear content organization
- Page Design/Layout (15%)
- Creative and attractive visual design
- Use of images from club meetings and members
- Consistent typography and use of whitespace