Video has become one of the dominant mediums of the internet in large part because of the high engagement it drives. More than ever marketing teams are investing in video content and Toastmasters clubs should be no different. Utilizing video as a part of your club’s marketing strategy can drive more guests to your club by showing them Toastmasters instead of just telling them about Toastmasters.
At each year’s Spring Conference the district recognizes the outstanding work of VPPRs and their committees in creating club videos by selecting one club to receive the Diamond Director Award, for the district’s best club video. The purpose of the Diamond Director award is to build a 30 – 60 second infomercial for the club. Please do not submit a recording of a club meeting for this contest. Instead get creative, tell a story through the video and give your viewer a call to action.
To submit a club video send a link to your club’s video to email@example.com before April 30, 2018. The video must have been produced within this Toastmasters’ year and you cannot resubmit a previously produced video.
- Story Line (30%)
- Clear and enticing story line to the video
- Information (25%)
- The basic outline of a Toastmasters meeting is shown
- Effective communication of the Toastmasters educational program
- Call To Action (15%)
- Clear next steps for the viewer to take
- Closing the sale by asking for viewer action
- Coolness Factor (20%)
- The video comes together well and the viewer wants to share it with others
- Technical Excellence (10%)
- How well shot is the video?